Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jesus is God

Right now, im probably sure you're confused about the title. You're asking yourselves why and how..

Its really simple. I got this simple explanation about How Jesus is God from Fr. Kaiparambadan. (i had to do some changes) :D I salute to you, Padre!



* Non-Catholics use the Bible Verse John 8:40 to proclaim that Jesus is only Human..
John 8:40 -
"But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.


in the Bible, it is written almost 30 times that Jesus is a Son of Man and Son of God. (how?)

God (not human;) - chose - Mary (human, virgin) - to bore a child - Jesus (human because his mother is a human too)

--- this is why Jesus is called Son of Man (Mary)

to understand more: cats bore kittens.. dogs bore puppies.. a human bores a human.. how come Jesus is God if his mother is just a human?...


Does God have a child? YES.

Matthew 1:23 -
BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Proverbs 30:3-4 - Neither have I learned wisdom, Nor do I have the knowledge of the Holy One. Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know!

--- this is why Jesus is called Son of God (God the Father)



Isaias 9:6 -
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.


* it is obviously known that the Child in this verse is Jesus, and Jesus is Mighty God and Eternal Father..


Exodus 3:14 - God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

* what does I AM WHO I AM means?
-- in the Greek Bible, "I am" sounds like the Hebrew name "Yahweh" traditionally transliterated as Jehovah. This name is representive in this translation as "the Lord" in capital letters, following a wide spread in English Versions. (source: Philippine Bible Society)

I am who I am - i am the Lord; i am Jehovah; i am Yahweh.


John 8:57-59

[Jews: ""You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?""]
[Jesus: Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born,"I am"]
Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple.

in this verse, the Jews were mad at Jesus because He was proclaiming that He was "I am"
(I am = the Lord)

John 5:17-26

But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. ...so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.


John 10:30 - "I and the Father are one."



when Satan was putting Jesus into temptation, Jesus said ''YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'' (Matthew 4:7)


more Bible Passages (Jesus is God)
Isaias 44:6; Revelation 21:6-7; Col. 1:16-17; Rom. 9:5; John 1:3; 1 John 5:20-21; John 20:27; 2 Peter 1:1; Tim. 3:16; Tim. 1:16; Tito 2:13; Tito 1:3; Tito 2:10



LAST QUESTION: So, is Jesus God? :)

2 comments:

  1. Great blogs , God bless ! nice to know that you are only 15, and you love the things about God already and I know you love God also. Garry Obillo- Taytay, Rizal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tayka ito'y isang klaripikasyon lamang. Sa doktrina ng Mahal na Iglesia Katolika, si Cristo ay hindi tao lamang at si Cristo'y hindi Dios lamang. Siya ay isang TAO AT DIYOS!

    Isa sa mga Divine Praises ng ating Iglesia ang "Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man."

    ReplyDelete